Saturday, October 5, 2013

Agnes Monica - "Paralyzed" Reaction

ANNYEONG!
Thanks to Areif Bachtiar on YouTube I think that I've found a new person to listen to! I haven't listened to a lot of Indonesian pop so this was a first and let me say that I was not disappointed at all. So let's get on with the review shall we?

I have yet to look up the english translation for the song but so far I was drawn in with the openning of the video. I see a woman with amazing shoes and bright *** red hair. That got me intrigued with what was going on. I mean the video is a little weird but not in a bad way. I was a little freaked out by the zebra man but he just looked odd. Ha-ha. The video itself was a little avant-garde with some of the costumes and that is something that I usually only see in most J-pop songs. But it wasn't over the top crazy costumes for the entire video. Agnes gave off a great vide while she dance and even with her bright red hair it didn't draw away from her music.

I was glad to see so stylish hip-hop-esque clothes for dancing. I've said in my video that Agnes kind of reminds me of both BoA and Nelly Furtado. Both with like styles from BoA's 'Girls on Top,' and Nelly Furtado's 'Maneater.' I'm not even talking about the music sound just the looks and her remind me of them. All in all I love the song. Some of the props I was a little weirded out by but I guess that kind of goes along with the avant-garde, circus-y feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!